Become a Volunteer
What is the Center?
- A project of Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- A unique art gallery that organizes and hosts exhibitions and programs of culturally diverse artists of regional, national, and international significance.
- An advocate for America’s multiculturalism through its exhibitions of the work of specific ethnic groups.
- An educational arts center that provides extensive educational programming including tours, workshops, lectures and seminars for children and adults.
- What volunteer opportunities are available?
Docents to serve as tour guides:
Guided tours of featured exhibitions are offered to school groups, community groups, and the general public during selected hours. Training regarding the exhibit and how to be a docent is provided at the Center.
Workshop leaders and assistants to conduct hands-on workshops for school and community youth group:
Workshops are offered in a visual art form related to the style, method, theme, culture or time period of a featured exhibit.
Exhibit volunteers to help in the preparation, installation and taking down of exhibits, and assisting at receptions and special events.
What Are The Benefits To Being A Volunteer?
If you want to buy used or vintage jewelry, make sure you know where it comes from. The history of jewelry is very important as it carries a certain energy which can affect you. On the other hand, most vintage Native American jewelry has been energetically cleansed upon making so you don’t need to worry about that.
Fashion trends are becoming more and more reminiscent of the 20th century decades. Today, the combination of different eras in aesthetic clothing is more prominent than ever. Designers combine fashion trends to make exceptional pieces and subversive statements in their clothing lines.
All art outreach programs and initiatives are part of the Center for Visual Art (CVA), a division of Metropolitan State College of Denver’s Art Department. The CVA is working to provide opportunities to students, educators and community members to experience and learn through art. By building strong community partnerships with a diverse mix of constituents, […]