The CVA seeks part-time, after-school, art instructors for its ABC Program. Art instructors should be active artists knowledgeable in cultural-based art projects and dedicated to providing excellent art education to Denver Housing Authority youth, ages 6-12.
The point is to make the kids interested in art while they are still young and motivate them properly in order to reach the highest state of their creativity. To do that, we need art instructors who know art and have a way with kids. By putting the two together, the teachers will be able to grab their attention and teach them something useful while having fun. The kids learn the best by having fun.
Instructors should possess:
- Track record of leadership in their communities.
- Previous coursework in education or teaching experience.
- Familiarity with Colorado and/or National Art Education Standards.
- Ability to motivate children 6-12 years old.
- Understanding of and respect for students and families in low-income communities.
- If you are interested in becoming a part-time Art Instructor with the CVA’s ABC Program and would like to submit a workshop proposal please contact the CVA’s Education Coordinator, Ericka at email@example.com. Thank you for your interests in the CVA.
Download the Project Proposal General Information